Atracare Now Offers Rapid PCR Testing
Atracare Health is now providing rapid PCR testing in Lewes, Delaware. As the premier partner in health for the Lewes community, Atracare is proud to announce that we have acquired rapid PCR testing technology. If you need a rapid PCR test for work, school, or travel, the healthcare professionals at Atracare can provide you with accurate results in a safe testing environment.
Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when and how to get a test
Getting a PCR Rapid Test is simple
- Schedule your test by texting us at 302-517-1385
- Get your test (in the comfort of your vehicle, or our clinic) at our location in Lewes: 18068 Coastal Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958
- You no longer have to wait at our clinic for the results! We will contact you and update your patient portal once the results are completed (Usually 30-60 min).
- Atracare will advise you on how to proceed once a professional member of their medical staff reviews your results and personal condition.
Rapid PCR Testing: Accurate and Fast
Previously, Atracare used rapid antigen testing to screen patients for Covid-19. Rapid antigen testing provides results in just fifteen minutes, but it’s only 85% accurate. Antigen testing works best for patients who are experiencing symptoms.
PCR testing, which stands for polymerase chain reaction, is 97% accurate and works well regardless of whether or not you are experiencing symptoms. PCR testing works by amplifying the DNA and sequencing it to determine if the virus is present in the sample. While non-rapid PCR testing is 97% accurate, it takes one to four days to return results. This is inconvenient for patients who need a negative test result to be able to return to work or other important activities.
Rapid PCR testing brings the best of both worlds. With our newly acquired rapid PCR technology, we are able to get results in an hour while maintaining 97% accuracy. This new technology is the gold standard for hospitals and a welcome medical advancement for patients who need test results quickly to be cleared to go back to work or travel. Rapid PCR testing is accurate and fast.
PCR Covid Test for Travel Delaware
- If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- Fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 3 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Not fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 1 day before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you do not show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
Who Should Get a Rapid PCR Test?
The CDC recommends testing for symptomatic patients, people who have had close contact with COVID-positive patients, unvaccinated people planning to participate in activities such as travel where social distancing can’t be maintained, and those who have been referred to get tested. If you need to be tested to be cleared to return to work or school, Atracare is here to help you get where you need to go quickly and safely.
Schedule Your Rapid PCR Test Today
To set up an appointment for a rapid PCR test, we highly encourage you to schedule ahead due to high demand. However, we understand that some patients need to be tested as soon as possible if they have been exposed or need to travel unexpectedly. In that case, you can register for a rapid PCR test by texting 302-517-1385. We will get you tested and call you with your results. We will also upload your results to your patient portal so you can easily access them at any time. If you are experiencing symptoms, we will examine you and recommend a course of treatment that will help you get better as soon as possible. We want to keep our patients and our community safe. You can rely on Atracare for Covid-19 testing that is accurate, convenient, and quick.